I.B.I. (Council Tax) Discount - 2013
Permanent (this means you are living here for more than 6 months in any calendar year) residents of Comares are elligible for a discount of 20% off their I.B.I. Tax (Council Rates) for 2013.
Qualifications (Conditions To Be Fulfilled)
The full document (in English) can be viewed and downloaded HERE (PDF format), but essentially the conditions are as follows:
- Applicants must be registered on the Empadron for Comares. All residents, (Permanent and Non-Resident), property owners, are legally required to register at the Town Hall.
- You must already be paying I.B.I. (proof required in the form of an invoice for last year's rates).
- Your I.B.I. must be paid by Direct Debit.
- There is no-one at the property with a declared (Spanish) tax income above €18,000. (Foreign residents who declare and pay income tax in their own country are NOT elligible to apply).
- The property does NOT have a Catastral value of more than €200,000. Note that the Catastral value is usually less than the property value, or price paid, and can be found on the Catastral website, using your Catastral Reference, a unique code that identifies your property and which can be found on your deeds (Escritura) or Copia Simple, or old IBI bill.
Other documents required:
Your last Spanish Tax Return (Impuesta Sobre la Renta de Personas Fisicas) and proof of pension income (annual statement from your native country's Pension Authority).
The discount is only available for a single property in Comares. Residents with more than one property in Comares can only claim for their primary residence.
People who have previous, outstanding, unpaid, invoices for other local taxes, e.g. water/refuse collection, I.B.I. or vehicle road tax, will not be eligible to apply.
Please submit your completed application form and documents to the Town Hall before 2nd April, 2013 or email to: [email protected]
Town Hall Hours: 9 am - 2 pm, Mon- Fri.
Dennis Lewis, Foreign Residents Representative, Comares.
Click HERE to download the (2 page) Application Form (PDF format).
The parts to be completed are as follows:
Nombre y Apellidos: Christian and Surnames
D.N.I. / N.I.E.: Your N.I.E Number
Domicilio: Your address in Comares
Actuando... This only needs to be completed if you are applying on someone's behalf who cannot complete the form themselves.
Datos de la Vivienda: Details of the property:
Direccion: Your address in Comares
Referencia Catastral: Catastral Reference - the unique code that identifies your property for taxation purposes, e.g. 29044A005000470000UF is a typical Catastral code - see point 5 above for where to find yours or you can search for or check your Catastral Reference HERE.
Nombre y Apellidos... Full Name, N.I.E. and Address for correspondence
SOLICITA: Requests - In your best Spanish, enter "Ayuda a través del descuento del 20% para pagar los impuestos IBI", which means, roughly translated: "Assistance to pay IBI taxes by claiming the 20% discount available"
Date and sign the form, which confirms you have met all the conditions outlined above, and take it to the Town Hall, along with suporting documentation, or scan and attach to an email to [email protected]